Some of us in the NC Piedmont have been searching for a good potting mix recipe.
We did a small experiment with several of those potting mixes to get a side by side comparison.
We used several different combinations to grow out a tray of MicroGreens:
1) 1 part Sungro Sunshine mix with 1 part Malibu Compost and a bit of Alfalfa meal, Calphos, and Greensand ( about 1 cup per bag).
2) 1:1 ratio of Sungro Sunshine mix and Malibu Compost.
3) Just Malibu Compost right out of the bag.
4) Just Sungro Sunshine mix with the same fertilizer as (1).
5) Malibu Compost Potting Mix (Baby Bu).
6) Happy Frog Potting Mix ( Note - be sure to pre-wet before handling).
**** Videos below the slide show ****
The videos ramble a little because they were mostly for my own notes but I hope there is some value.
Side By Side Pictures
Results - Day 7
Ross and Jillian Mickens are the owners and operators of Open Door Farm located in the North Carolina Piedmont.