1 large bunch of Swiss chard
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (or home frozen or canned tomatoes)
1/2 pound whole wheat shells
3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons olive tapenade
3 tablespoons capers
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse the Swiss chard, drain very well, and roughly chop.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender. Stir in the garlic, add the tomatoes, and then add the Swiss chard. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the chard begins to wilt.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. Remove the chard and tomatoes from the heat and stir in the goat cheese, kidney beans, olive tapenade, capers and half the amount of parmesan. Fold in the pasta and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the pasta mixture into a 1 or 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top. Bake until heated all the way through, about 15 to 18 minutes.