1 head garlic
1/2 lb (8 ounces) whole wheat elbows (Barilla whole wheat pasta is quite palatable)
1 cup chicken stock
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap the garlic head in foil, and bake 30 minutes, until cloves are soft. Remove from heat, and cool enough to handle.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Slice off the top of the garlic head, and squeeze the softened cloves into a medium bowl. Mix in the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the chicken breast halves with flour, and cook in the skillet about 10 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Set chicken aside, retaining skillet juices. Stir in the garlic mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and return chicken to the skillet. Continue cooking the chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove chicken, and arrange on plates over the egg noodles.
5. Mix the butter into the garlic sauce mixture in the skillet until melted, and stir in the chives. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and egg noodles to serve.
*Modified from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-chive-chicken/